Auction Terms & Conditions TERMS
Terms and Conditions: Bidder agrees the terms listed shall govern this auction and he/she agrees with them. Additional terms may be posted or announced, and are just as binding as the listed terms:
YOU AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS.
1. Buyer's premium of 10%, with an additional 3% added for credit card processing fees. Pickup Times are by appointment only, first come-first served, beginning Thursday, 28 January through Saturday, 30 January from 11 am-4 pm. All Purchases must be removed by 4 pm Saturday, following the sale. Contact us via text at 304.268.0763 and we can arrange porch pick-up for most items at your appointed time. Items not removed or scheduled for special appointment after the auction are subject to forfeiture and/or storage fees. Brooke Estates assumes no liability for items damaged in storage.
2. Full payment: All items must be paid for in full before the bidder leaves the premises. Nothing may be removed until bidder transaction is settled. Payment for purchases will be made automatically by credit card. All sales are subject to state sales tax laws. The sales tax rate for Harpers Ferry is 7%, and will be applied to all sales. Tax exempt bidder must present proof of sales tax exemption status in writing, including a West Virginia or reciprocating state tax ID #, before any sales tax is waived. Bidder authorizes the auctioneer to charge his/her credit card for any merchandise and applicable fees. The Auctioneers reserve the right to repossess, at any time, at your location, any unpaid merchandise. The bidder agrees to allow the auctioneer to charge his or her credit card for all unpaid merchandise. The auctioneer reserves the right to bar bidders from participating in future auctions due to failure to pay for merchandise won at auction.
3. No warranty: All items are sold as is, where is, without guarantee of any kind. The descriptions of items appearing in advertising prior to this auction are believed to be correct; nevertheless, neither those descriptions nor any oral statements made by the Owner (or his agents or officers) or the Auctioneer (or his agents or officers) concerning any item shall be construed as a warranty either expressed or implied. I, the Bidder, accept it the way it is on good faith per the description.
4. Disputes: The Auctioneer shall designate the winning bidder after each item is auctioned. If disputes arise between two or more bidders, the auctioneer reserves the right to re-open the bidding. The Auctioneer's designation of a buyer shall be final.
5. Buyers' responsibility: After a Bidder has won the bid with his/her high bid, they have become the new owner of the item and are responsible for payment and removal of item from the auction site. The item(s) become the full and sole responsibility of the buyer and the buyer assumes all risk of loss and damage during removal from auction site.
6. Injury or damage: Bidder acknowledges responsibility for any personal injury or property damage caused by the Bidder or his agent, and further agrees to hold Auctioneers harmless from any personal injury to himself or his Agents and the property damage incurred on auction premises.
7. Agents only: The Auctioneers are acting as the Owners Agents only.
8. Removal: Removal of items won at auction is the responsibility of the buyer. Prompt removal must be made no later than the Saturday after the auction, which is the designated removal deadline. Failure to remove merchandise on the designated day after the auction will incur storage fees of $3.00 per lot, per day. Auctioneer is held harmless for any damage to property incurred during relocation. A $25 relocation fee per item will be added for items moved off site for storage. Brooke's staff will not be able to assist buyers with purchases, and are not responsible for damage. Customers must bring boxes, packing supplies, and help to lift heavy items. Please do not try to move things on your own that requires help to move.
Thank you for your cooperation. Please note that customers will have their Credit Cards automatically charged upon completion of the sale. Thank you for participating. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call we are very happy to help and wish you all good bidding! 304.268.0763.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms